TOPIC: rongside/scleraderma trial size

rongside/scleraderma trial size 18 May 2013 17:45 #469

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
From Calhoun interview

***Also in October, France cleared an investigator-sponsored trial, this one in 13 patients with limited and diffuse cutaneous systemic sclerosis. The primary endpoints are safety and the improvement in function of the hands.***

Looks like 13 not 7 patients

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

rongside/scleraderma trial size 19 May 2013 06:12 #470

• rongside
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Thats right, 13 patients. What's most interesting about this trial is the speed with which it was conducted and the announcement by CC that the French are looking to increase the number of patients enrolled. This is confirmation of efficacy and bodes well for CYTX in the autoimmune disease space, treating such diseases as Multiple Sclerosis and Rheumatoid Arthritis etc. :woohoo:

My only fear is that we will be leapfrogged by the geometric rate of scientific knowledge. The ability to run trials in a petri dish using spedific ( (stem) cells whether autologous or allogeneic is my greatest fear. What it happening is that new research techniques provide the opportunity to test various drugs/cells much more efficiently than in the past.

My optimism in CYTX is based on the low cost autologous nature of the treatment.

rongside/scleraderma trial size 19 May 2013 14:06 #472

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
The leap frog point is a valid concern imho.

The management team has wasted so much time running from run direction to the next and NEVER getting anywhere.

Limited resources really hurts..they can still fail.

rongside/scleraderma trial size 20 May 2013 11:02 #474

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1105

My only fear is that we will be leapfrogged by the geometric rate of scientific knowledge. The ability to run trials in a petri dish using spedific ( (stem) cells whether autologous or allogeneic is my greatest fear. What it happening is that new research techniques provide the opportunity to test various drugs/cells much more efficiently than in the past.

That is one of the things I am personally least worried about. Modern medicine is all about chemistry generating a single mechanism of action, which could have adverse impact in other areas of the body. Metabolic or biologic action is basically chemistry too, but in such a complex manner that you have to mimic hundreds of signaling actions with a hundreds of different compounds.

That simply does not fly IMHO.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites